Monday, September 14, 2009

Mom's Birthday




This week is my mom's birthday, and Blair made her one of his specialty cakes. For those of you who have never had the opportunity to try Blue Bell ice cream, you have no idea what you're missing. It is our family's favorite ice cream, but you can't buy it in Utah. So we made my mom a Blue Bell Ice Cream cake (without the actual Blue Bell, unfortunately...)

7 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

That is AWESOME! :) I need to make one of those for Joe! Good work, Blair!

Amber and Co. said...

That cake is awesome! Again, go Blair! Blue Bell ice cream is by far my favorite too! And guess what? They sell it here in Arizona!! It's so delicious!

Rachelle said...

We are only 4 hours from the border of Texas, and we can NOT find Blue Bell here in NM. My parents - ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD - can!!! There's something wrong here.

Happy birthday to your momma!!!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

WOW! The I didn't know we married husbands with such talent! Travis decorated Asher's cake for his birthday. I baked it and Travis cut it out into a TRACTOR CAKE! It actually turned out pretty cute, since he did it in like 5 seconds! Blair is definetly the better artist, but I still have to say that the Lybbert boys must have a hidden cake decorating talent!! Anyway, that is a beautiful cake...and don't worry, we'll eat the blue bell ice cream for you!! One of the benefits of being in Texas since we can't have the nice weather!! Anyway, I loved the big BYU Blair mowed into your parents lawn!! HA! That's FUNNY!!!!

Mat, Chenae & Jackson said...

Ok. Blair needs to stop this madness! He needs his own food network show.

Kim Walker said...

Blue Bell, the best ice-cream in the country. I can still hear that song from their commercials in my head. LOVE that stuff. Happy Birthday to your Mom!

erin said...

blue bell - cookies and cream, yummy! scott loves the southern pecan pie one...i am willing to bet there is not a type of blue bell ice cream that i don't like. i miss it! hope TX is treating you well!